Here’s a list of some notable EV Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in India, categorized by vehicle type:
- Ather Energy: Popular for their high-performance scooters and innovative design.
- Hero Electric: Established player offering a range of e-scooters and motorcycles.
- Okinawa Autotech: Known for their affordable and stylish e-scooters.
- TVS Motor Company: Leading auto company venturing into electric scooters with the iQube.
- Bajaj Auto: Major player in traditional bikes, entering the electric space with the Chetak scooter.
- Bajaj Auto: Offers electric three-wheelers like the Maxima Cargo EV.
- Mahindra Electric: Leading player with a wide range of e-rickshaws and cargo vehicles.
- Atul Auto: Established manufacturer of electric three-wheelers for various applications.
- Tata Motors: Major Indian automaker with electric cars like the Nexon EV and Tigor EV.
- MG Motor India: Offers the ZS EV electric SUV.
- Hyundai Motor India: Launches the Kona Electric SUV.
- Mahindra & Mahindra: Entering the electric car space with the XUV300 Electric.
- Mercedes-Benz India: Offers electric luxury cars like the EQC SUV.
- Tata Motors: Leads the segment with electric buses and trucks like the Starbus and Ultra series.
- Mahindra & Mahindra: Offers electric buses and light commercial vehicles.
- Ashok Leyland: Entering the electric bus market with the Dost EV.
- Greaves Electric Mobility: Focuses on last-mile connectivity with electric autos and three-wheelers.
- Euler Motors: Provides electric cargo vehicles for commercial use.
- Ultraviolette Automotive: Developing high-performance electric motorcycles.
India has a diverse and rapidly growing market of Electric Vehicle (EV) Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Some of the key players in this industry include:
Known for models like the Nexon EV and Tigor EV, Tata Motors has a strong presence in the EV sector, focusing on sustainable manufacturing and innovative electric cars.
Mahindra & Mahindra:
This company offers a range of electric vehicles, including the eKUV100 and eXUV300, and is heavily involved in developing charging infrastructure.
A leader in electric two-wheelers, Hero Electric is well-known for its range of electric scooters such as Optima HX, Photon HX, and NYX HX.
Specializing in electric smart scooters, Ather Energy is known for its models like the Ather 450X and Ather 450 Plus, which feature advanced connectivity and performance.
A division of Ola cabs, Ola Electric has gained attention with its Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro electric scooters, known for their high-end features and smart technology.
Greaves Electric Mobility Private Limited (GEMPL):
They offer a range of electric scooters, motorcycles, and three-wheelers, focusing on affordability and sustainability.
MG Motor India (Morris Garage):
Known for the MG ZS EV, MG Motor India has a significant market share in the EV sector and plans to expand its electric vehicle portfolio.
TVS Motor Company:
TVS entered the EV market with the iQube electric scooter and has plans for significant growth in the sector.
This brand offers a range of sporty electric two-wheelers and has a strong market presence in India.
They have a diverse range of electric scooters like Magnus EX and Zeal EX, known for their affordability and innovation.