What is Container?
An intermodal container, often called a shipping container, is a large standardized shipping container, designed and built for intermodal freight transport, meaning these containers can be used across different modes of transport – from ship to rail to truck – without unloading and reloading their cargo.
Types of Container
- Cargo container
- FLAT RACK CONTAINERS
- OPEN TOP CONTAINERS
- DOUBLE DOOR CONTAINERS
- HIGH CUBE CONTAINERS
- OPEN SIDE CONTAINERS
- ISO REEFER CONTAINERS
- INSULATED CONTAINERS
- HALF-HEIGHT CONTAINERS
- TANK CONTAINERS
- SWAP BODY CONTAINERS
Container manufactures and companies in India
- Container Corporation of India (Concor)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL)
- Braithwaite & Co.
- Kalyani cast tech
- Balmer Lawrie
- DCM Hyundai (Hindustan Vaccum)
- CAN INDIA MANUFACTURE CONTAINERS?
- India Set To Enter Container Manufacturing in Bid to Rival China
- Cargo container manufacturing hub planned at Bhavnagar
- Will meet its need for containers from domestic manufacturers: Concor