- HF-24 Marut — (retired) Mk.1 and Mk.1T (200+ built)
- Tejas — (in production) Mk.1, Mk.1A, NLCA Mk.1 and NLCA Mk.2 (40+ built)
- Tejas Mk.2 (MWF) — Medium weight fighter (under development) 2023 first flight expected.
- AMCA — Fifth generation stealth fighter (under development).
- TEDBF — Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter is 4.5 generation fighter for Indian Navy’s aircraft carrier. (under development)
Indian Navy’s Advanced Light Helicopter MK IIILight Combat Helicopter
- Dhruv — (in production) Advanced Light Helicopter (350+ built)
- Rudra — (in production) Attack helicopter (70+ built)
- Light Combat Helicopter — (in production) Attack helicopter (10+ built)
- Light Utility Helicopter (under trial)
- Indian Multi-role Helicopter (under development)
- GTX-35VS Kaveri — co-developed with GTRE (DRDO) (under development; developed into following programmes)
- PTAE-7 — For indigenously designed Lakshya PTA
- GTSU-110 — for starting main engine GE404 or Kaveri of LCA Tejas
- Shakti — co-developed with Safran Helicopter Engines for HAL Dhruv Helicopter to be used in light utility helicopter
- HTSE-1200 (under development)
- HT-2 — First company design to enter production.
- HPT-32 Deepak — Basic trainer in service for more than three decades.
- HJT-16 Kiran — Mk1, Mk1A and Mk2 – Turbojet trainers scheduled to be replaced with HJT-36 Sitara.
- HTT-34 — Turboprop version of HPT-32 Deepak
- HTT-35 — Proposed replacement for HPT-32 basic trainer in the early 1990s; not pursued
- HJT-36 Sitara — Intermediate jet trainer (under development)
- HTT-40 Basic trainer (in production) first prototype flew its first flight on 31 May 2016. (106 ordered)
- HJT 39 / CAT Advanced jet trainer (proposal)
Observation and reconnaissance aircraft
Transport and passenger aircraft
Saras, under joint development with National Aerospace Laboratories
- Saras — (in production) multi-purpose civilian light transport aircraft.
- Indian Regional Jet (IRJ) of 70-100 seater capacity to be jointly developed with NAL.
- HAL G-1 — HAL’s first original design, dating from 1941. Only one was built.
- Ardhra — training glider
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- PTA Lakshya — UAV
- PTA Lakshya 2 — UAV
- Nishant UAV
- Rustom H – Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- UCAV Tejas — Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (under development)
- Vampire — first combat jet manufactured by HAL, 250+ FB.52, 60 T.55 models
- Harlow PC-5 — first aircraft assembled by hal
- Percival Prentice — 66 built by HAL
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 — FL, M, Bis and Bison upgrades variants 660 built by HAL
- Folland Gnat
- Ajeet — improved version of the Folland Gnat
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27 — M variant
- SEPECAT Jaguar— IS, IB and IM variants
- BAE Hawk — scheduled production run of 42 aircraft
- Sukhoi Su-30MKI — a derivative of the Sukhoi Su-30
- Dornier 228 — 117 built + fuselage, wings and tail unit for production of the upgraded Dornier 228 NG variant
- Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama — HAL Cheetah, Lancer, Cheetal Variants
- Aerospatiale SA 316B Alouette III — HAL Chetak, Chetan Variants
- HS 748 Avro — Modified for military usage, includes Series 2M variant with large freight door
- Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour Mk 811 — Engine for SEPECAT Jaguar
- Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour Mk 871 — Engine for BAE Hawk Mk 132
- Garrett TPE331-5 — Engine for Dornier 228
- Turbomeca TM 333 — Engine for HAL Dhruv